Community Service is an integral part of the Interscholastic Athletic experience. Through community service, student-athletes, coaches, and administrators are able to give back to the communities that support them each and every day!
NYSPHSAA’s Community Service Challenge is a way to:
- Do something good your community and yourself!
- Get your voice heard on what matters in your community and what problems should be addressed.
- Learn effective problem solving, critical thinking, and project management skills.
- Strengthen your academic and social skills.
- Make academic content more relevant and practical…you get to use what you’re learning!
- Learn about potential careers by completing a project in collaboration with a community organization.
- Meet amazing people that you wouldn’t ordinarily get to meet. They’ll stretch the way you think about the world.
- Gain a sense of accomplishment.
You, too, can help change the world!
Check out Farmingdale Senior High School (Section VIII),
the 2017-2018 Community Service Challenge Winner HERE!
Previous Community Service Challenge State Champions
2017 – Akron High School (Section VI)
2016 – Mahopac High School (Section I)
2015 – King's Park High School (Section XI)
2014 – Arlington High School (Section I)
2013 – Columbia High School (Section II)
2012 – Ossining High School (Section I)
2011 – Adirondack Central School (Section III)